Sunday, April 21, 2013

Learning to Love You More Part 4




This project is #27: Take a photo of the sun


Again this title is pretty self-explanatory. I found myself looking for that “perfect” sun. I didn’t want to take a picture of a noonday sun, but I also didn’t want my picture to be boring. I came home from class one night and this was the sun before sunset. It reminded me that warm days are ahead. I love summer.

It brought about the awareness that sometimes I wait for the “perfect” project as an artist. I think I am more of a perfectionist in that way.  I think in a way I learned something about myself as well. Maybe I am not so much of a giant procrastinator as I am a perfectionist.

This project appealed to me because I love photographing the outdoors. It’s one of my favorite things. It made me miss it a little bit. I don’t always have a lot of time during the school year to work on things for my own studio practice so it gave me a chance to do that.

I think it was successful. I got to take a picture outdoors and even though it wasn’t for my own studio practice I got to use it for a homework assignment. It was enriching to my human experience in the fact that I got to appreciate nature for a small moment and I need to remember that no matter how busy I get, I need to appreciate the world around me.





No comments:

Post a Comment