Sunday, April 21, 2013

Learning to Love you More Part 3



This project is #11: Photograph a scar and write about it


I think the title is pretty self-explanatory. I got this scar from a meat cleaver last summer. I love cooking, but I wasn’t being very smart. Normally I am very kitchen safe. All my knives were dirty and I needed to cut some cabbage. The knife slipped and I got my finger pretty good. I had my mom come over and look at it to see if I needed stitches. Luckily I didn’t. It just bled a lot and hurt for quite awhile.

As and artist I was again inspired by things that make me who I am. Scars are life’s battle wounds that we all have. Each one has a unique story. It would be interesting to find some different scars and hear different stories about them for an art project.

This project brought me closer to the community I suppose by me showing a picture of my scar and telling people how I got it. Maybe it should go on a poster for knife safety? :)

This project appealed to me because I thought it would be fun to reminisce about one of my scars and how I got it.

I think the outcome was successful. It was enriching to my human experience and I remembered something that happened to me. I still use knives (except the cleaver) and I still love cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment